CHECKOUT OUR HUGE DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR SALE
ALL PREDATORS ARE BRAND NEW STOCK AND CURRENT MODELS, NOT REFURBISHED!
Current revision for the Predator 2003-2005 GM V8 Vehicles is 9R07. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators.
January 26th, 2009 - Revision 9R07 Update Information
Fix to work on old hardware upgrade tools, should also fix some of the random flash errors on current hardware
October 16th, 2008 - Revision 9R06 Update Information
Added support missing calibrations
August 20th, 2008 - Revision 9R04 Update Information
January 12th, 2006 - Revision 2.10 Update Information
- NEW HARDWARE DESIGN ADDS:
- Internet Update/Upgrade capability with optional PC Interface Kit
- Performance datalogging for end user fine tuning
- Added support for new 2004-2005 "T" and "Z" motor dealer updates
- Added custom parameters for 2003 SSR Truck software.
- Improved ALL truck tunes for better MPG (miles per gallon) Fuel Efficiency.
- Added support for 2005 "B" motor using template "B".
The Predator 2003-2005 GM V8 Vehicles is applicable for the following vehicles:
How to verify that the vehicle is supported
- 2004 Corvette 5.7L LS1
- 2004 Corvette 5.7L LS6
- 2003-05 Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche
- 2003-05 GMC Sierra, Denali, Yukon
- 2003-05 Cadillac Escalade EXT, ESV
- 2003-05 Hummer H2
- 2003-04 SSR Truck
- 2004 Pontiac GTO
- 2004-05 Cadillac CTS-V
The eighth (8th) position in the vehicle identification number (VIN) is the code that designates the engine type. The Predator will support the vehicle if the engine code is:
2004-2005 Car: 8th digit of the VIN= S or G
2003 Chevrolet SSR ONLY: 8th digit of the VIN= P
2003-2005 Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= V, T, Z, P, B, U, N or G
What is the GM Predator?
The Predator for 2003-2005 GM V8 Vehicles is a state-of-the art high performance tuning flash programmer, which advances the timing, optimizes the air/fuel ratio and remaps the transmission shift points (in automatic transmissions). Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSportís programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery.
Why to get DiabloSport Predator?
Dyno Tested Performance Tunes
- The flash tuner that allows for end user adjustability
- The flash tuner which accepts custom tunes directly from DiabloSport or from ChipMaster Revolution dealers that you can install yourself.
- The flash tuner with built-in advanced diagnostic capability that displays fault codes along with descriptions of the code right on the Predator screen.
- The flash tuner with data monitoring capability
- The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display.
- The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system
The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration, firmer shifts, better mileage and improved towing characteristics, whether it is in town or out on the highway towing an 8,000 lbs trailer.
- Performance Tune: Designed to add power and torque using premium fuel.
- 87 Octane Tune: (Trucks Only) Designed to add power and torque using low to mid grade fuel.
- Factory Tune: Designed for users who wants to adjust parameters using the factory tune.
- Average power gains are in 10-20 RWHP range in the cars and 20-30 RWHP in the truck line. Less for the 87 octane tunes. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response; help maintain speeds on inclines and towing. The wider power band that the Predator creates will be particularly noticeable in city driving, where speeds constantly change. The mid-to-upper power increase is extremely useful on the highway when passing slower vehicles and to quickly maneuver out of emergency situations.
The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.
Predator tunes re-map the:
DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded / Premium grade fuel only, like carried by Amoco/BP, Sunoco or Mobil.
- Fuel Curves
- Timing Curves
- Torque Management
- Extend Speed Limiters
- Extend Rev Limiters
- Disable CAGS (Skip Shift)
- Part and Full Throttle Shift Points
- Shift Timing
- Shift Presure
The Predator features end user adjustable parameters so the end user can customize his/her tune depending on other modifications done to the vehicle. Because we allow for timing and fuel adjustments the end user can optimize the tune for his/hers specific vehicle utilizing a dyno with proper air fuel monitoring and utilizing the Predator's live data feature to monitor timing and other vital parameters.
The Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters:
Transmission functions do not apply to trucks with the Allison transmission.
- Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+15/- 20%)
- Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+15/- 20%)
- Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)
- Speed Limiters (Trucks Only)
- Rev Limiters
- RPM Shift Points
- MPH Up and Downshifts
- Shift Timing
- Shift Pressure
- Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures
- Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
NEW ADDITIONAL ADJUSTABLE PARAMETERS
- Torque Management ON/OFF adjustment
- Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF
- % torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF
- Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF
- Injector Adjustment
- Adjust for different injector size
- Adjust for long term fuel trims
- Catalytic Overtemp protection Adjustement
- Disable P0430 and P0430 codes
- Adjust COT enable temperature
Diagnostics and Live Data Monitoring
The Predators diagnostic features allows end user scan and erase fault codes as well as monitor live data while driving. Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the manufacturer specific P codes.
Custom Tuning can be done for almost any application without the need for the end user to send the Predator.
We have PC Interface kits and software available for download and the tunes can be sent via e-mails or you can go to a local tuning facility.
Many of your custom tuning questions involving DiabloSport products may already be answered in the
FAQ section of DiabloSport's website. If not you can post questions and get the answers in 24 hours.
Please refer to FAQ.
Please check out our Product Policies.