CHECKOUT OUR HUGE DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR SALE
ALL PREDATORS ARE BRAND NEW STOCK AND CURRENT MODELS, NOT REFURBISHED!
Current revision for the Predator 1999-2003 V8 Truck & SUV is 9R03. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators.
The User Manual is available for
U7153 Predator Applications:
5.4L SOHC Only
|Ford F150 Harley Davidson
What is the Predator?
The Predator for 1999-2003 V8 Truck & SUV is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design.
Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM.
Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves.
Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.
Why to get DiabloSport Predator?
Dyno Tested Performance Tunes
The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
- The only flash tuner with exclusive FlashForwardTM ability allowing you to download custom tunes via the Internet.
- The only flash tuner allowing you to get revision updates via Internet.
- The only flash tuner with exclusive FlexAdjustTM technology which allows you to vary the engine and transmission parameters over a wide range.
- The only flash tuner with advanced OBD-II scanner capability:
- read fault codes (DTCs) and their description in plain English (no need for extra books!)
- both standard and proprietary fault code text included
- reset fault codes
- live data monitoring
- The only flash tuner that logs* live data. Play back log on Predator or PC (Log Viewer for Windows is available FREE on DiabloSport's Downloads Page).
- The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display
- The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system
Average power gains are in the 15-20 RWHP range.
The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability.
The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response.
The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.
DiabloSport has generated all dyno tested tunes.
Predator tunes re-map the:
- Fuel Curves
- Timing Curves
- Extend Speed Limiters
- Extend Rev Limiters
The default DiabloSport performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded / Premium grade or 91 octane fuel, like carried by Amoco/BP, Sunoco or Mobil.
The DiabloSport performance tune can be modified to run on 87 or 89 octane fuel.
Instructions on how to modify the DiabloSport performance tune for 87 or 89 octane are supplied in the manual.
The Predator features end user adjustable parameters so the end user can customize his/her tune depending on other modifications done to the vehicle.
Because we allow for timing and fuel adjustments the end user can optimize the tune for his/hers specific vehicle utilizing a dyno with proper air fuel monitoring and utilizing the Predators live data feature to monitor timing and other vital parameters.
The F-series Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters:
Diagnostics and Live Data Logging
- Global Spark Adder -6 Degrees/+4 Degrees
- Mass Air Flow Curve Adjustment
- Injector Size Adjustment
- Dual Timing Adjustment Points (1000-2500 RPM/3000-6000 RPM)
- Timing Table (+10%/-40%)
- Dual Fuel Adjustment Points (1000-3000 RPM/3000-6000 RPM)
- Fuel Table (+40%/- 10%)
- Idle (+/- 20%) (400-1200 RPM)
- Speed Limiter re-set to 140 MPH
- Rev Limiter(Drive and Neutral 6400 RPM max)
- Full Throttle Shift Points RPM
- Full Throttle Shift Pressure Per Gear
- Part Throttle Shift Pressure Per Gear
- Global Line Pressure Adder 0-50psi
- Torque Modulation On/Off Per Gear
- Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
- All of these parameters can be adjusted on the DiabloSport tune and/or the factory tune
The diagnostic feature allows the end user to scan and erase fault codes as well as monitor live data while driving.
Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the Ford specific P codes.
Predator diagnostics will work on all 1996-2003 OBDII Ford Mustangs or F-Series Gas vehicles.
The diagnostics features can be used on any Ford OBDII vehicle, regardless if the tool has
itself to a specific vehicle or not.
Data logging is available as well.
Logging stores 30 minutes of data, with slow rate the logging allows for up to 90 minutes.
The log can be viewed in the Diablo Predator, or it can be uploaded to your PC for viewing with the FREE DiabloSport DAT Viewer for Windows software.
Custom Tuning can be done for almost any application without the need for the end user to send the Predator.
We have PC Interface kits and software available for download and the tunes can be sent via e-mails or you can go to a local tuning facility.
Many of your custom tuning questions involving DiabloSport products may already be answered in the
FAQ section of DiabloSport's website. If not you can post questions and get the answers in 24 hours.
Please refer to FAQ.
Please check out our Product Policies.