CHECKOUT OUR HUGE DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR SALE
ALL PREDATORS ARE BRAND NEW STOCK AND CURRENT MODELS, NOT REFURBISHED!
Current revision for the Predator 2005 GM LS2 V8 Vehicles is 9R02. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators and can also be updated with the optional PC Interface Kit.
Owner's Manual: Click here to see the Owner's Manual.
Revisions R96 and up require the vehicle to have the newest GM Warranty Update calibration from the GM Dealer.
To find out about the available PCM updates available for your vehicle, please enter your VIN or CalID numbers at this website: GM Service Updates Database. This information will help you with getting the necessary GM dealer warranty update reflash if the Predator requests it.
This is not neccessary to do unless the Diablo Predator refuses to install because of an old GM PCM calibration.
May 15, 2006: Information Regarding New Revisions R96 and up
New features in this release include:
With the release of the U7191 R96 and R97 Revision, DiabloSport also built increasing levels of performance and stability into the tunes. Many developers and testers contributed numerous new features and security improvements during the development cycle, again demonstrating the strength of DiabloSportís commitment to powerful and stable tunes.
- Power enrichment
- Idle RPM
- Injector Slope
- Shorter load times
- Change rev. limiters & skip-shift settings
- Updatable via the internet
- Ability to adjust Fan settings and COT (Catalytic Over Temp)
- Data logging capabilities
- Resetable w/no VIN locking
- Plus much, much more!!
August 9, 2006: Information on Revision R99
October 11, 2006: Information on Revision 8R01
- Now Supports the 2006 Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and 5.3L V8 Pontiac GXP.
- Must have Vin Code for engine= C for these new applications.
October 31, 2006: Information on Revision 8R02
- Added support for new 2005 Corvette Calibration ID #: 12613186
November 1, 2006: Information on Revision 8R03
- DoD (Displacement on Demand) tunes fixed for 5.3L "C" LS4 motor, fan adjustment parameter modified Support for new Data Viewer 3.0
November 6, 2006: Information on Revision 8R04
- Fix for Live Data menu missing in 8R02
November 15, 2006: Information on Revision 8R05
- Fix for importing custom tune feature, fix for adjustable fan parameters in 2005 Pontiac GTO
December 15, 2006: Information on Revision 8R06
- Added back the Diablo Tune for 2005 SSR Truck
January 29, 2007: Information on Revision 8R07
- Fix for clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
July 24, 2008: Information on Revision 9R02
- Internal fix, no tuning or parameter changes
- Internal update, no tuning changes
The Predator for the 2005-2006 GM LS2/LS4 V8 Vehicles is applicable for the following vehicles:
How to verify that the vehicle is supported
- 2005 Only C6 Corvette
- 2005-2006 LS2 Chevrolet SSR Truck
- 2005-2006 LS2 Pontiac GTO
- 2006 LS2 Trailblazer SS (Will Not work on 2007 Trailblazer SS)
- 2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Chevrolet Impala SS
- 2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
- 2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Pontiac GXP
The eighth (8th) position in the vehicle identification number (VIN) is the code that designates the engine type. The Predator will support the vehicle if the engine code is:
- Car: 8th digit of the VIN= U,C
- Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= H (Will Not work on 2007 Trailblazer SS)
What is the GM Predator?
The Predator for 2005-2006 GM V8 LS2/LS4 Vehicles is a state-of-the art high performance tuning flash programmer, which advances the timing and optimizes the air/fuel ratio. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSportís programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery.
Why to get DiabloSport Predator?
- The flash tuner that allows for end user adjustability
- The flash tuner which accepts custom tunes directly from DiabloSport or from ChipMaster Revolution dealers that you can install yourself.
- The flash tuner with built-in advanced diagnostic capability that displays fault codes along with descriptions of the code right on the Predator screen.
- The flash tuner with data monitoring capability
- The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display.
- The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system
- In house engineering and manufacturing is the only way to assure quality in every component. DiabloSport does it all, from molding the plastic to automated assembly of each product. Check out their virtual Factory Tour
Dyno Tested Performance Tunes
The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
- Performance Tune: Designed to add power and torque using premium fuel.
- Factory Tune: Designed for users who wants to adjust parameters using the factory tune.
- Ability to hold 1 Custom Tune
- Predator will unlock upon original backup restore.
- Read and Write time is about 30 seconds respectively.
- The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
Average power gains are in 10-20 RWHP range in the cars and 20-30 RWHP in the truck line. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration, better mileage and improved driving characteristics.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response; help maintain speeds on inclines and towing. The wider power band that the Predator creates will be particularly noticeable in city driving, where speeds constantly change. The mid-to-upper power increase is extremely useful on the highway when passing slower vehicles and to quickly maneuver out of emergency situations.
The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.
Predator tunes re-map the:
- Fuel Curves
- Timing Curves
- Torque Management
- Extend Rev Limiters
DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded / Premium grade fuel only, like carried by Amoco/BP, Sunoco or Mobil.
The Predator features end user adjustable parameters so the end user can customize his/her tune depending on other modifications done to the vehicle. Because we allow for timing and fuel adjustments the end user can optimize the tune for his/hers specific vehicle utilizing a dyno with proper air fuel monitoring and utilizing the Predator's live data feature to monitor timing and other vital parameters.
The Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters:
- WOT Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+15/- 40%)
- WOT Timing Table 2000-3800rpm (+15/- 40%)
- WOT Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+15/- 40%)
- WOT Fuel Table 2000-3800rpm (+/- 20%)
- WOT Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Injector Slope (+/- 40%)
- Adjust for different injector size
- Adjust for long term fuel trims
- Idle in drive and park/neutral (+/- 400rpm)
- Rev Limiters in drive and park/neutral (+/- 400rpm)
- Applied Fan Power vs. ECT (Engine Temp) (+/- 20%)
- CAGS(Skip Shift) ON/OFF
- COT (Catalytic Overtemp) Time Delay (0-60 seconds)
- Allows end user to control amount of time before entering into COT protections which adds fuel to cool the converters off.
- COT ON/OFF
- Allows the end user to turn the COT strategy completely off, for vehicles with no cats.
Diagnostics and Live Data Monitoring
The Predators diagnostic features allows end user scan and erase fault codes as well as monitor and record live data while driving. Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the manufacturer specific P codes.
Custom Tuning can be done for almost any application without the need for the end user to send the Predator.
We have PC Interface kits and software available for download and the tunes can be sent via e-mails or you can go to a local tuning facility.
Many of your custom tuning questions involving DiabloSport products may already be answered in the
FAQ section of DiabloSport's website. If not you can post questions and get the answers in 24 hours.
Please refer to FAQ.
Please check out our Product Policies.